Saturday, February 11, 2017

Training - "Control the things that you have control over; don't worry about the rest..."

2/10 - deadlifts, situps, backxt
2/9 - Power Half Hour Stretch
2/8 - press, chins, dips, DeFranco Simple Six






The Age Old Question: What Is Vag? – Jim Wendler: "Question:  Just got done reading your 531 book. Looking forward to doing this. One question for now. What the heck is vag? 
 Answer:  That would be short for “vagina.”  While some may see North of Vag as a misogynistic term, I can only shake my head and hope they were not publically educated; I’d hate to see tax dollars being wasted that way.  It is simply a rallying cry to not be a pussy.  And if one can’t see past the simple and obvious point I am trying to make, I can only hope they never vote or procreate.  The ego behind adults telling other adults what words they can say or not say is amazing.  I never trust these people as they clearly have nothing going on in their lives and instead, spend time policing the world.  No Man (or Woman) of Action would ever bother with this. They are simply too busy getting shit done than weeping like a martyr. Being a victim is not sexy."

Curapupas — Eight years ago my journey began with a feeling. ...: "Eight years ago my journey began with a feeling. It was a feeling that I need to take care of my body. That feeling slowly became a desire and a passion, not only to exercise and be healthy and eat right, but a hope to celebrate my body in a way I had only ever seen others do."




Stress and Lifting: Get Off Your Knees – Jim Wendler: "One important lesson that I've learned is when things get out of hand in  life, keep the things that you can control, controlled. This keeps you from  going insane."

amymurphyfitness:  Transformation Tuesday...:


Why Men of Action are Better – Jim Wendler: "...it didn't strike me until recently WHY people with passion are so much better. Of course, you have the general attraction to them; everyone who has it, can appreciate/respect what others' are doing. Your interests can be polar opposites yet two people can have an admiration for the other. But there is another thing that makes a person with passion so damn awesome: They tend to stay the hell out of your business. This is because they are too damn busy to gossip, to force their shit down your throat. Their ego isn't so big that they claim to know what to do with your money, your time, your beliefs. Hell, there are actually adults out there telling OTHER ADULTS what words they can or cannot say. The ego on people these days. Unbelievable.

...for those of us that love to do stuff, love what we do, are "People of Action", understand that life is fleeting and should not be wasted being a busybody - you are who I admire. You are what makes the world better. You are who gives others' inspiration. So play your music, feed your garden, rebuild your engine or do whatever action gets your eyes wide and your heart moving. You are what makes the world better and keeps the earth spinning in the right direction. You are what is right."



Mentoring Wendler – Jim Wendler: "Lesson:  Control the things that you have control over; don't worry about the rest...

With school, life, work, and training, I always had goals, and still do. But I see now what Darren was doing. As you get older, you become a different person. Your body changes. Your life changes. The weights I once did and the goals I once had are no longer "me." It's okay to let that part of you go and move on. You don't have to be hung up trying to recapture the weights that you once did when you were 21. I can't be that person that carried the ball 20-30 times a game in high school, played both ways and never came off the field. Chasing those dreams or those weights is a fruitless and scary pursuit that only leads to disappointment. But I'm a new person and can adjust the goals. There's tremendous freedom in not adhering to other's standards and expectations to what you should be. Rather, the goals you set are yours and should follow your mind and heart. Lesson: Your goals and your life are your own; true freedom is not allowing others to make them for you...

Even today, I remember things and quotes that he told me and help me every day. "Put your hand in a bucket of water. Take it out and the hole that you leave is how much impact you will have on the world. But the drops of water that are on your hand; those are the parts of your life that you need to worry about. Those belong to you.""

Clara's Clean Eats:


Be Your Own Leader – Jim Wendler: "Replace the silly "motivation" for some discipline - motivation is a buzzword by people that don't understand what it takes, day in/day out to succeed. I think it's time you adopt the attitude that I like to call being a Personal Leader. A Personal Leader is someone that takes responsibility for every area of his life and doesn't need someone to hold his hand. Yes, we all need support and you must look for help when needed, HOWEVER, at the end of the day, everything is on YOU. So you need to develop yourself into being the leader you need - if that means waking up early, you do it. If that means you have to take extra time for work/job to prepare, then you make it happen. If that means you have to make certain sacrifices that many other don't have to, then do it. People need to understand that to be a leader doesn't mean you have the physical and emotional presence to lead others. It may be as simple as you not being a follower. And if any time in this world we need people to not be blind followers to ignorant leaders, it is now. The thing is this: it's rare to find anyone in the world with the same goals as you. So while it may be nice to find that someone, waiting around for someone to help guide you will result in a waste of a life. This life is all you got - you'll be dead before you know it. Take what you have and squeeze all the life you can out if it. Be your own hero. Lead yourself to greatness. And greatness is not measured in medals, money or public opinion - it is measured in happiness and freedom. And when you strip all the crap away, the noise and bullshit of a fucked up, commercialized world that makes you constantly bow and suck at it's sick, diseased teat - you will have found freedom and happiness. This is turning into something more than you probably asked but I HATE when people waste their one life. Your "gut" check is here and now - mold yourself with your own hands."

Constant Gym-Goer Ditched Her Cardio Workouts for Powerlifting and Lost 37 Lbs.: "For years, Alice Fields was a cardio queen, who would toil away on the treadmill in the hopes of slimming down. But her weight wouldn’t budge — until she started powerlifting. “I was getting up before sunrise and was running 5Ks every morning. It was torture. I wasn’t something I enjoyed at all. But I thought it was what I had to do to lose weight,” Fields, 24, tells PEOPLE, adding that she would heavily restrict her diet. “I’d run until I couldn’t run anymore, and I’d barely eat a thing. Yes, I might have lost 5 kilos in 2 weeks. But once I consumed a normal amount of food again, I’d put 7 kilos back on. It was the classic yoyo effect. There was no consistency.” Fields tried this weight loss method unsuccessfully for around five years, and says she “felt trapped in my own body,” until a friend introduced her to powerlifting 18 months ago. “I fell in love with the sport instantly,” she says. With help from a coach, Fields learned proper form and started on a nutrition course that focuses on your daily protein, fat and carbohydrate intake. “I started noticing changes with my body within about a month,” she says. “Not only had my strength increased dramatically, but my whole body composition changed. My bum was perkier than ever and my clothes were getting loser.” Now, 18 months later, Fields has lost 17 kg. — about 37 lbs. — that she was never able to drop with cardio workouts alone.   While she still looks at her total weight, Fields focuses more on muscle gains and lost inches. “I’m always noticing my body change in positive ways, even if the scales stay the same, because I’m losing weight in some places and gaining muscle in others,” she says. “I definitely thought doing only weights would just make me heavier, but I quickly realized, the more muscle I had, the faster my body burnt fat. Not just that, but having more muscle gives you that ‘toned look’ a lot of women want.” “You have a bigger, perkier bum. Your shoulders and arms look leaner and stronger. Powerlifting changes your whole body composition.”"


becoming-meaghan: Two years ago vs today. Almost...: "I had attempted to lose weight countless times before but going into it this time my mindset was a little different. I had always thought “do it for the ‘oh you got hot’ or as revenge for all the people that called you nasty names. Instead, this time I decided to do it for me, for my physical and mental wellbeing and to be taken seriously in my future career (w.e that may be). That shift in thinking made all the difference! Had you taken this #transformationtuesday pic and showed it to the me on the left I would have looked at you in both disbelief and estacy. But I would have said something along the lines of “I will never look like this” because my self confidence was non-existent. Fast forward to today… I’m prepping for my first bikini show, live to help and share my passion for health and fitness with others. I’m ready to take on the world. As impressive as my physical transformation may be, I believe the emotional one to be WAY greater."


Finally Off the Sugar Roller Coaster! | Mark's Daily Apple: "Back then, I was about 25 pounds heavier than I wanted to be, completely addicted to sugar, experiencing food cravings or food comas almost constantly, and living in my head where daily battles occurred regarding the food that I had eaten or wanted to eat. At that time, I was 42 and had spent my years since age 15 obsessing over food. Nutrition and fitness had fascinated me in a healthy way during this time, but a powerful sweet tooth combined with a persistent vulnerability to self-sabotage caused my twenties and much of my thirties to be mostly wasted. At different points during this time, depression and bingeing caused me to live in a bubble. I kept people at arms-length and let very few people into my world. At my lowest point, when friends would ask me to come out with them socially, I would lie and say that I already had plans even though my “plans” consisted of buying a lot of unhealthy food and eating it – stuffing all the feelings that had come up during the day — and then wallowing in my self-hatred. My overeating was so out of control that I attended Overeaters Anonymous meetings. And even though alcohol has never been a problem for me, I attended one Alcoholics Anonymous meeting out of curiosity just to see how similar it might be to my problem. It seemed exactly the same; I used food as a drug in the same way that alcoholics used alcohol...

Now, at age 50, because of the Primal Blueprint and the Primal lifestyle “laws,” I feel healthier, fitter and stronger than I’ve ever been, including high school when I was thin, healthy and played sports all year. My energy is off-the-charts—not in a hyper, bouncing-off-the-walls way but just feeling incredibly clear-headed and alert. No more brain fog! I feel like a machine running on the cleanest fuel, like there’s no sludge in my veins, and everything I eat is being put to good use. I look forward to and enjoy working out.  I’ve finally gotten rid of the excess fat that made me feel self-conscious for my entire adult life. My moods are steady, and I feel peaceful. I face my problems now rather than stuffing them with food. And, most importantly, I don’t live in my head anymore. The daily internal battles are gone, freeing up my thoughts so that I can actually engage with and enjoy other people."









No comments:

Post a Comment